- Energy bulletin a not too technical description of peak oil with links to more specific and related topics
- Kates,R.W ,Parris, T.M. and Leiserowitz, A.A "What is Sustainable Development? Goals, Indicators, Values and Practice" Background on the emergence of the sustainability movement. Discusses in work and acheivements of the various international and national efforts in general, but enlightening terms. Definitions, Goals, Indicators, Values, and Practice of sustainability are addressed.
- San Francisco Farmshed Assessment: An investigation into how and to what extent people in the city can improve their wellbeing by eating locally. at:
- PACE Program: Purchase of Agricultural Conservation Easements -A summary of plus important information about farm and ranch land protection programs in 23 states that have funded agricultural conservation easement acquisitions.
- Farmland Protection Toolbox: Brief synopsis of different policies and programs bein implemented to preserve farmland:Includes: Agricultural Protection Zoning To conservation Easements, to Farm Viability Programs, right to Farm laws and Tax Relief Programs plus a table showing the farmland protection activity in various states.
- Rutgers Food Innovation Center: This is a unique business incubation and economic development accelerator program, which provides business and technology expertise to startup and established food companies in the mid-Atlantic region, and utilizes its outreach capacity to reach food and agribusinesses throughout the world.
- Foodshed analysis and its relevance to sustainability
- FoodShed analysis research project from Cornell University: This website describes initiatives underway in New York State. The goal of this research has been to develop models for evaluating the food production potential of the state's agricultural land relative to the food needs of its population
Below are a list of presentations for downloading.